Most things in life happen outside of our control. However, we can learn to control the way we respond. In fact, it’s possible for us to control the function of our own nervous system and change the way we think, act and feel at any given time. With this skill we can build stress resilience and enhance our workplace performance.
Our Building Resilience to Workplace Stress workshop raises awareness of the impacts of stress on personal and professional performance. We teach participants how to control their stress physiology to reduce stress quickly, improve sleep, increase stamina and build long-term stress resilience. Participants learn how to Recharge and Reboot, and develop practical strategies for integrating these skills into their working day.
- Overview – Resilience, Stress and Performance
- What is stress? Recognising the signs and symptoms of stress and burn-out
- Responding to stress: exploring reactions and current coping strategies
- Stress physiology and the mind-body connection
- Switching off the ‘fight or flight’ stress response
- Resilience techniques for maintaining peak performance
- Recharge and Reboot – practical skills for building resilience to prolonged and situational stress
- Integrating resilience skills into the working day.
Our resilience workshops are skills-based and highly interactive. Participants learn and practice a range of skills they can use throughout their day. To support this we provide quality resources including:
- Comprehensive session notes in pdf format
- Mp3 audio files of the resilience techniques delivered during the workshops, and
- Unlimited phone and email contact.
Working Mind app
Through the Working Mind app, participants receive permanent access to key training resources including the workshop notes, mp3 audio techniques, research links and workplace integration tools.
Please note that our resilience workshops are typically of 1-2 hours duration, and are delivered face-to-face or virtually to workplace groups. Recommended maximum group size is 16 participants for two-hour workshops and 30 participants for 60-90 minute workshops.
Working Mind resilience workshops are available to workplaces around Australia including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Launceston and the Gold Coast.