Is sleep deprivation an issue for your workplace? Do you or your staff take ages to get to sleep at night, or wake up during the night worrying about all the things you should have done yesterday or need to do tomorrow? Well, you’re not alone. According to the Sleep Health Foundation an estimated 1.5 million Australians experience a sleep disorder, and around 1 in 10 people experience insomnia. Sleep is one of the pillars to good health and high performance – and yet we’re simply not getting enough of it!
Lack of sleep causes:
- Poor concentration and memory
- Fatigue, irritability and mood disturbance
- Impaired learning and decision-making ability
- Increased risk of chronic disease including obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, and mood disorders such as anxiety and depression
- Decreased workplace productivity.
In this interactive resilience workshop participants learn about the causes of sleep pattern disturbance and discover how to improve their ‘sleep hygiene’. Participants practice a range of relaxation techniques specifically designed to calm the mind at night, improve sleep quality and enhance workplace productivity.
- The sleep cycle – how and why we sleep
- Causes of sleep disturbance
- Stress physiology and the mind-body connection
- Sleep, health and performance
- Tips for improving sleep hygiene
- Relaxation techniques to reduce stress and improve sleep
Our resilience workshops are skills-based and highly interactive. Participants learn and practice a range of skills they can use throughout their day. To support this we provide quality resources including:
- Comprehensive session notes in pdf format
- Mp3 audio files of the resilience techniques delivered during the workshops, and
- Unlimited phone and email contact.
Please note that our resilience workshops are typically of 1-2 hours duration, and are delivered face-to-face or virtually to workplace groups. Recommended maximum group size is 16 participants for 2-hour workshops and 30 participants for one-hour workshops.
Master Your Mind resilience workshops are available to workplaces around Australia including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Launceston and the Gold Coast.
Working Mind app
Through the Working Mind app, participants receive permanent access to key training resources including the workshop notes, mp3 audio techniques, research links and workplace integration tools.